Frager Factor

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Where Were You When The Future Happened?


From our friends at Perfect Beat: "Our brick & mortar store is closing its doors on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 8pm. We have technically outgrown the store with the success of our website. There was a day when we could co-exist, but it’s the sign of the times and physical record stores are becoming a thing of the past. Instead of pouring all of success of our online store in to the physical store, we have opted not to re-sign our lease." Jeff Tardiff, the owner of the store has written a special detailed ‘farewell letter’-- one I consider of historical significance for its wake up call to retailers everywhere. My favorite part:

"On the evening of December 17, 1999, I got a phone call at the store from Anthony telling me we were “live." I rushed to my computer, typed in www.perfectbeat.com and saw the result of all his hard work. It was a very special day and I remember thinking, “this could be big."

If you have been in the physical store within the last few years, you clearly know what I am talking about. You'd see us at the register spending our entire day processing Internet orders that used to just take an hour or two to complete. At the same time, the store's flow of customers went from practically needing a doorman to needing a mortician."

Yes, Blanche, it's going to be BIG. It is. It is.

Share/Bookmark
About The Author: Owen Frager is an Internet marketing expert ready to help take your company to the next level.

Contact Owen: Twitter | Google+ | Facebook | LinkedIn | Email