Frager Factor

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Domain King Gets Jiggy In 1999

Last night a new domainer asked me why mainstream wasn't buying generics? Good question

I'm the kind of guy who obsesses over a marketing challenge and that's the age old question I had forgotten I had forgotten obsessing about as I moved on to the things.

So naturally, I started obsessing about it today.

But I couldn't stop thinking about it last night and headed straight for the vaults where I have been collecting bits and pieces for an eventual book that tells this story (failure to innovate .com).

While in the vaults this morning I came across this gem post by Rick Schwartz sent back to him to post HERE... and these other outtakes from the larger thread:
...............................................................................
"As I re-read my 1998 post, obviously the thing that I REALLLY got wrong was believing that mainstream would get their act together."

"As far as making $$$ with a .tv for a domain speculator, easier to sell gold than tin. Don't buy crappy domain names!!"


"I never took a penny out of my pocket to finance my domain business. Not a penny. I bought 18 domains and those 18 domains produced the income to keep buying more and more."

"As for luck.....Funny.....the harder you work the luckier you get. Some may be lucky. But when you have success after success after success after success after success......"Lucky" no longer describes it."

"Understand ONE THING......it was the INTERNET that got us out of recession in 1993 and it is the internet that is putting us back into it. :-("
..................................................................................
~~Rick Schwartz (aka. a very WISE man)

Share/Bookmark
About The Author: Owen Frager is an Internet marketing expert ready to help take your company to the next level.

Contact Owen: Twitter | Google+ | Facebook | LinkedIn | Email