Frager Factor

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

T.R.A.F.F.I.C. — Face to Face Meetings In A Digital World

"Dicker" DinnerVia DNJournal
There is no substitute for face to face contact, even in a digitally connected world. God knows, I depend on digital connections to make a living at Frager Creative (we’re after all a digitally connected marketing and communications firm). But even today I still need to get that personal read that can only be accomplished by looking someone straight in the eye.

Have you ever closed a deal dealing only with someone online? I think I’ve done it once in the years that I’ve spent my own marketing services. That said, I have made hundreds and hundreds of initial contacts and created early business relationships via social media.

Steve Jobs was long a proponent of face to face contact. He believed that discussion and personal interactions stirred creativity and initiative. In fact, he agonized over the physical layout of the headquarters of Pixar and Apple. He wanted to facilitate those random, face to face interactions, even placing the restrooms in strategic locations to facilitate random meetings.

Years ago, T.R.A.F.F.I.C. started producing live events. My guess is that while communications and introductions have proliferated the need and desire for face to face contact has increased. One reason is that we’re now bombarded by online information and introductions from so many sources that we’ve become overwhelmed. We have difficulty determining what’s valuable and where we can and should follow up.

T.R.A.F.F.I.C.  ecently celebrated it' Tenth Anniversary and the retirement of Rick Schwartz as co-producer. Danny Pryor made an excellent tribute video that shows why, in a world of mega-conferences, T.R.A.F.F.I.C.  s iall about business, because it's large enough to attract the deep picker buyers, yet small enough to have personal interaction on a meaningful level.


TRAFFIC Tenth Anniversary from T.R.A.F.F.I.C. on Vimeo.

Thanks to @PrivacyNet for your inspiration and to you for listening.

Share/Bookmark
About The Author: Owen Frager is an Internet marketing expert ready to help take your company to the next level.

Contact Owen: Twitter | Google+ | Facebook | LinkedIn | Email